BREAKING NEWS

Thursday 17 August 2023

Interview with DARIA


DARIA is the author of the original Earth Day song that is heard and sung around the world. This year the song turns 20 years old so Daria collaborated with other artists from around the globe to create EARTH DAY AROUND THE WORLD. 


We are sharing interesting interview with talented DARIA, she talks about EARTH DAY AROUND THE WORLD. 


Q: How would you describe yourself in one word? 

peace-maker 

I grew up under difficult situations and witnessed so much trouble and violence in the world.  I kept asking… does it have to be this way? As I’ve developed as an artist I’ve found that so many others are asking the same question and using their creativity to build a better future for us all.  


Q: Why do you feel this is the ideal profession for you? 

Creating world music means I am affirming the importance and beauty of each and every culture, language and musical style. No one above anyone else. And my career allows me to speak my truth and hopefully make a difference with my words, actions and songs. 


Q: What's the reason behind writing 'Earth Day Around the world'?  

Decades ago I performed at a school in the United States.  The teachers were awesome and focused our whole workshop on how kids can make a diffference in the world with their choices. Then they asked that I come up with a song that all 300 students could sing the next day. So I took a familiar melody and all the comments I heard during that day and molded them into the original Earth Day song. One thing that was empowering about this song was that kids recognized their ideas in the lyrics to the song and it meant so much more to them that way!


Q: What's the response you got from your fans about your Earth Day song?

They say that the songs makes them feel happy and motivates them to take steps to make a difference for our Earth. It is 100% true that a change in attitude and action will result in a meaningful difference for the future of our planet.


Q: As an Author, what's your favorite song?  

I really love the bonus track - Whole New World by Kenyan artist, Ness.  The song has an awesome Afrobeat feel and blends the idea of new seeds sprouting and gaining confidence with the idea that little by little we are growing a better future. 


Q: Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be? 

Making more music! I’ve been excited about several projects I’ve developed and give away for free that help immigrants from Ukraine and Latin American learn English through music. I also want to keep collaborating with artists that use their mother tongues finding ways to encourage them not to leave their language and heritage behind.

 

Q: Can you please tell us about the most successful project you have worked on.

Although I’ve been nominated for a Grammy and won multiple Parent’s Choice and Children’s music awards, there is one project that really stands out to me. During the pandemic most teachers seemed to be pulling their hair out. Kids were stuck at home and Zoom school was tough for everyone so I volunterred with classrooms around the world to do free songwriting workshops with their kids.

One teacher in Australia paired me with kids that had just survived a harrowing journey to immigrate to that country.  All the kids could talk about was how much they appreciated the doctors and nurses that had saved their lives. Their phrases and descriptions were woven into the song “Thanks To The Doctors And Nurses”.  When that song was released, it attracted a lot of positive media attention and won a Global Music Award in the Children’s music category. 


Q: What is your dream project? 

Honestly, EARTH DAY AROUND THE WORLD is my dream project.  It involved connecting with artist who I love and respect and working together to bring new songs to life. That is just so cool! Especially because we are hearing that this music is inspiring kids and families and that it makes a difference to them to feel heard and represented in the Earth Day and ecology movement. 


Q: What are some things that you love? 

In addition to music and languages, I love my little farm which sits on a mountaintop in Pennsylvania (USA). This is where I live with my family, a boatload of animals and some adorable rescue sheep.


Q: How's your fans can get updates about your latest releases? Your website or social media links?

My website is www.dariamusic.com but you can always hear what I’m up to on my 2 youtube channels: 

DARIA MUSIC Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DariaMusic

THE MUSIC MUSEUM ONLINE 

https://www.youtube.com/c/MusicMuseumOnline


Other social media links are: 

INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/dariaworldmusicgal/


TWITTER https://twitter.com/dariasmusic


FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/dariasmusic




Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Musicians Club. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates