BREAKING NEWS

Sunday 12 May 2019

Interview with African Folk Musician Bayo Ododo





Bayo Ododo is a native of OGBOMOSO, SOUTH WESTERN part of Nigeria. He is a Student of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. His passion for promoting yoruba heritage has always being a push behind him specializing in Root and Folk Music.


Q: How would you describe yourself in one word?
 


Bayo Ododo: A young upcoming folk musician

 

Q: Why do you feel this is the ideal profession for you?
 

Bayo Ododo: Well, base on my own personal belief every profession must be backed up with passion. So my interest in music is as a result of nothing but avid passion for it.To be specific, folk music. You may call it a profession, to me it's  more like hobby.

 

Q: What do you do when not working?
 

Bayo Ododo: I play piano.

 

Q: Can you please tell us about your first project ?
 

Bayo Ododo: The work I will regard as my first project is IWALEWA.Though that's not the onset of my career in music. (The inception of my career in music is a tale for another day). Now back to my first project, the inspiration behind the music entirely is as natural as anything. After  coming up with the lyrics, I shared it with some friends whose comments motivate me. The music was officially released on   14th of February,  2018. Infact people's comments about the song is more than what I expected.They love it, share it and they acknowledged the message of that song. Why am I so sure about the acknowledgement? Many of my fans do talk about the key lessons in the lyrics of that song.The music actually focus on value of love, ethical character and patience. To crown it all, some radio presenters do play it on  programmes related with love and character.

 

Q: Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be?
 

Bayo Ododo: Well, I should be doing my final year programme in school then, and after that I will have full time to pursue my career in music.

 

Q: How do you balance your work and private lives?
 

Bayo Ododo: Music is  part of my private life anyway, I sing everyday and anywhere, even when am working in ceramics studio. In short, I sing for pleasure.

 

Q: What is your dream project?
 

Bayo Ododo: To change life through my music, to make people know value of love, to make young one to live to the fullest of their potential by knowing the right things to do ; teaching people how to live peacefully and to preserve African cultural heritage.

 

Q: What are some things that you love? 
 

Bayo Ododo: I love listening to many styles of music, playing with young children and having conversation with elders to draw inspiration from their cesspool of knowledge.

 

Q: What is your favorite quote?'
 

Bayo Ododo: “Love is beautiful”

 

Q: How's your fans can get updates about your latest projects ? Your website or social media links ?
 

Bayo Ododo:  
Instagram:@bayoododo
Facebook: Bayo Ododo
Twitter:Bayo ododo

Share this:

1 comment :

 
Copyright © 2014 Musicians Club. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates