BREAKING NEWS

Saturday 29 July 2023

Interview with Aaron Parker | ACTHEKiDFROMSPACE


ACTHEKiDFROMSPACE is a self taught Montreal, Canada based artist & sound engineer. Taking influences from many genres and artists, AC has been able to develop his own sound that stretches the boundaries of genre based music. His goal is to make smooth midnight songs that can make people feel the memories and feelings that he lived while creating them. 


Here we are sharing interesting interview with this talented Canada based Artist & expert Sound engineer, Aaron Parker, he talks about his latest single 'Hell of a Night' & his goals and journey. 


Q. Can you tell us about your journey as a self-taught artist and sound engineer? What inspired you to pursue music and develop your skills in this field?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to have me. My music journey started at a very young age. Since I was young, I’ve always loved multiple genres of music and began writing at around 12 years old. However, at this age I was very preoccupied with my studies and pursuing a football career, so I didn’t have the time to take music seriously. Music was still always there whether I was training in the gym, studying or even just with friends. After my studies I finally decided to take my music seriously and chase that passion at full stride. This is when I saved up to build a professional studio and get the right equipment to record at a high level of quality. I was fortunate enough to have a few mentors who helped me learn how to sound engineer my own music and it all kind of took off from there. 


Q. Montreal, Canada has a vibrant music scene. How has your hometown influenced your music and artistic style?

I wouldn’t necessarily say that my music has been influenced by the city very much. The French music scene is in high demand here and that’s not something I listen to. I’d definitely say my music has benefited more from my open mindedness to numerous genres & my attention to details. 


Q. Your music seems to blend various genres and influences. Can you share some of the specific artists or genres that have had the most significant impact on shaping your sound?

Yes, it definitely does blend many genres. As I said, from a young age I was exposed to so many genres from trap to afro beats to even rock. I always had a tough time sticking to one specific genre because I really love melody and I truly believe I’m capable of succeeding in many genres. I don’t like to put myself in a box. I’d much prefer to explore just how far I can take my music, while still always making sure to maintain that “AC” sound. As for artists, there are far too many to name but if I had to name a few it would be guys like Aftertheparty, 6lack, Meek Mill, Sting and so many more. As you can tell, those artists range in numerous genres, clearly showing how my influences came from all over the place. 


Q. Your goal is to create "smooth midnight songs" that evoke memories and emotions. How do you go about capturing these feelings while producing your music?

Honestly, it’s pretty easy for me. These feelings are captured from real emotions and memories. I want to make sure my audience feels a certain vibe from every individual song, so I make sure to talk about real events that have happened or bring real emotions to the song. If I can’t bring real emotions and feelings to the music, then how can I expect my audience to feel these feelings while listening. 


Q. Collaborations are common in the music industry. Are there any artists or producers you'd love to collaborate with in the future, and why?

There are many other artists I’d love to collaborate with in the future. Other than my idols who have already made it big, its important for me to develop friendship with other artists before I can work with them. I feel that the audience can feel when two artists connect well on a song and when the artists just do it without building a connection first. Like I said before, its important for everything about my music to be real. So, if I’m going to collaborate with another artist, I’d much prefer to connect with them on a personal level first. That way it will be easier for us to relate to aspects of our life and translate them to the music. 



Q. As an independent artist, what are some of the challenges you've faced in the music industry, and how have you overcome them?

As an independent artist, the biggest challenge is getting your music heard and doing all the marketing work yourself. Music is the easy part. To market properly it takes lots of time, energy, and money to get out there. I sometimes find myself spending more than half of my paycheck at work on my music marketing just because I believe in myself. I’m willing to struggle now in order to live a better life later. Its tough to spend hours daily on researching contacts for playlist curators, radio stations, bloggers, etc., then having to send hundreds of emails per day just to get a chance to get placements and have the music heard by a wider audience. Although its tough, it does pay off, so it makes it all worth it. 


Q. In your opinion, how important is it for artists to express their personal experiences and emotions through their music?

I truly believe its one of the most important aspects of making music. Whether it’s the lyrics or overall ambience of the song, both are just as important. Usually as a listener most people want to listen to artists that they can relate to the most. At least that’s how it is for me. 


Q. As a sound engineer, how do you ensure that your music translates well across different platforms and devices while maintaining its intended impact?

When it comes down to mix and mastering a song, usually I’ll make sure my mixes sound good on numerous speakers. I have different reference speakers that I use but I’ll also listen to the mix on my phone speakers, in the car and in different size rooms to ensure I get the most out of my mix. With technological advances, there are even programs that will simulate different speakers so that you can make adjustments without having to physically listen on those different devices. However, in my opinion its better to actually listen on different devices as opposed to trusting a software to make the decisions for you. Every sound engineer has a different ear, so mixes are always relative to the person mixing and mastering. 


Q. Finally, what exciting projects do you have in the pipeline for the future?

My vault is filled with hundreds of songs. Some will drops eventually and some will never see the light of day. I have many exciting projects coming soon. Mostly singles, but I’m always working on a bigger project as I work through singles. I’m excited for what the future brings and I’m hopeful I can touch the world of listeners on a global scale. For now, I just dropped my latest singleHell of a Nightalongside my brother from Nigeria named Pupa Tee and a good friend of mine named Noura. Make sure to check it out.


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 Musicians Club. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates